|Our GUATEMALA 2013 Photo Page 5 - People we met along the way
Date of Visit
June 25 - July 9
July 10 - July 13
July 13 - August 17
August 17 - September 1
|Rev. Steve Parelli and
Their 2013 Other Sheep
Summer Ministry to Five Latin
June 25* - September 1, 2013
*Steve arrived in Peru on June 25th,
Jose on June 28th
Some of the people we met along the way:
(1) The church-going hairstylist who asked for literature to give to his pastor.
(2) and (3) The grandmother from New York City with a second home in
Guatemala with whom we spent a day on the Dulce River with her and her two
granddaughters (the girls are cousins). One of the granddaughters has two
(4) The restaurant owner who has a dear, close individual who is gay and who
offered her restaurant, free of charge, as a meeting place to introduce Other
(5) Gay twin brothers who are ordained ministers of the gospel working with the indigenous people of Guatemala.
(6) and (7) A waiter in Guatemala City who asked for our literature.
(8) A typical straight young man who showed interest in our Other Sheep work.
(9) A transgender (left) with her straight friend -- at the birthday party of the transgender.
(10) The family of the TV host (not pictured) who invited us onto her live TV show of Puerto Barrios, Guatemala.
(11) and (12) The openly gay young man who told us his story over drinks and introduced us to his friends.
(13) and (14) Typical people with whom we had business and with whom we naturally shared our story and Other Shep: The first (13), the car
rental personnel; the second (14), store owner of a copy place.
(15) and (16) Typical scenes repeated throughout our travels: (15) The gentleman, an indiginous, tells us he has visited Time Square - Jose
tells him about Other Sheep; (16) a young person wants to practice his English - Jose tells him about Other Sheep.
These photos are samplings of the people we met along the way. These are the photos of the
people we felt we could ask for a picture. There are other stories to tell (and would-be photos we
could not show). Like the owner of a major business establishment who upon receiving our
literature, and after reading it, phoned us and asked for 10 more copies to distribute to friends.
|The photo lay-out part of this web page was created in Seaside Park, New Jersey, on Sunday, September 8, 2013
(The web page heading was created on earlier dates in Guatemala City, Guatemala, and Bogota, Colombia)
Text was added during the month of September 2013
This web page was published from the Bronx, New York,on September 28, 2013
- Photo Page 1 - Activists & People with whom we worked CLICK HERE
- Photo Page 2 - Meetings in which we participated CLICK HERE
- Photo Page 3 - Media Coverage (radio and TV) CLICK HERE
- Photo Page 4 - Outreach (from approaching conservative religious leaders to surveying the general public) CLICK HERE
- Photo Page 5 - People we met along the way CLICK HERE
- Photo Page 6 - Transgender's Birthday Party (a private celebration of sexual diversity at a birthday party) CLICK HERE
- Photo Page 7 - Places of interest we visited (from Volcanoes to Myan Ruins) CLICK HERE
- Photo Page 8 - Landscape and Scenery (from the Western Highlands to the Caribbean) CLICK HERE